Your Sports Injury Treatment Needs Can Be Met And Exceeded With Our Alpharetta Chiropractor Team
Our multidisciplinary team at North Atlanta Spine loves working with athletes. Our holistic services work together to enhance healing and athletic performance. We offer comprehensive sports injury treatment so you or your student athlete can avoid surgery, medications, and other invasive procedures.
Common Types of Sports Injury
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, millions of sport injuries occur every year. The most common ones we see at our facility include:
- Muscle strains (rotator cuff strains, hamstring/quadriceps strains)
- Ligament sprains (ACL/MCL/PCL sprains in the knee)
- Joint dislocations and vertebral subluxations
- Medial or lateral epicondylitis (inflammation of connective tissues at the elbow, also known as golfer's elbow or tennis elbow)
- Tendonitis (often in the biceps, quadriceps, patella, or Achilles tendons)
- Shin splints (also known as medial tibial compression syndrome)
- Nerve Impingement syndromes (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica)
- Whiplash (neck strain, often caused by contact sports or slip and falls)
Why People Get Sports Injuries
You may be starting a brand new sport or exercise program, or you could be an advanced athlete. No matter what your ability level is, an injury can happen to you. The most common risk factors include:
- Over-training and inadequate rest/recovery
- Poor sleep, nutrition, and hydration
- Poor technique and body mechanics
- Weak and dysfunctional core
- Mobility restrictions (often due to old scar tissue from previous injuries)
- High impact or high contact activities
How Our Alpharetta Chiropractor Resolves Sports Injury
Dr. Alex Paulk and his colleagues, including licensed massage therapists and certified personal trainers, work tirelessly to get to the root of every sports injury. The team does this by looking beyond the injury and finding out about the people experiencing them. What are their stress management, nutrition, personal beliefs, training style, movement, and additional characteristics like?
By identifying underlying contributing factors and addressing these as well as the symptoms of sports injury, including pain, stiffness, immobility, swelling, and inflammation, long lasting pain relief is possible. It's done through techniques such as chiropractic adjustments, massage, and corrective exercises, all fully individualized to meet your unique needs and goals.
Is an Athlete in Your Family Sidelined by a Sports Injury?
If you or a loved one are experiencing neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, or some other kind of sports injury, it's time to connect with our team at North Atlanta Spine. We want to help you heal and get closer than ever to your true physical potential with the help of our holistic and complementary services. Call us at 678-691-3221 to schedule a consultation today!